CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 25, 2011

Easy and Delicious Crockpot Lasagne

I haven't had any time to craft lately and I've been so bummed about it. My twins keep me on my toes all day, but the good side of it is I can stand in the kitchen and bake all day while they play. I do love to cook and decided this morning we would have lasange for dinner. I love this lasagne its so easy and delicious.

Crockpot Lasagne

Ingredients you'll need. (recipe at end of post)












Cook Italian sausage and onion in skillet
Stir in tomato sauce, basil and salt.














Mix Ricotta, Parmesan, and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese together in bowl













Put some about 1/4 of sausage mixture into 6qt slow cooker, top with 5 noodles broken into pieces to fit
Spread with half of cheese mixture and 1/4 of sausage mixture. Than 5 more noodles, remaining cheese mixture and 1/4 mixture.












Top with 5 remaining noodles and remaining saugage mixture
Cover and cook on low heat 4-6 hrs or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle top of lasagne with remaining 1 cup mozarella cheese.














Crockpot Lasagne
1 pound bulk Italian sausage
1 medium onion chopped
3 15 oz cans Italian-style tomato sauce **
2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese. (8oz)
1 container (15oz) part-skim ricotta cheese**
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
15 uncooked Lasagne noodles

Cook sausage and onion in skillet over medium heat about 6-8 min, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink.
Stir in tomato sauce, basil, and salt
Mix ricotta cheese ( I always add about 3/4 cup of cottage cheese too, cause I love it) Parmesan, and  1 cup of mozzarella cheese together in a bowl.
(refrigerate remaning mozzarella cheese while lasagne cooks)
Spoon 1/4 of the sausage mixture into 6qt slow cooker, top with 5 noodles broken into pieces to fit.
Spread half of the cheese mixture and than another 1/4 of the sausage mixture
Top with 5 noodles, remaining cheese mixture and 1/4 of sausage mixture
Top with renaining 5 noodles and remaining sausage mixture.
Cover and cook on low heat setting for 4-6 hours or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle top of lasagne with remaining mozarella.
Cover and let stand about 10 min or until cheese is melted...ENJOY!

**Here are some of my little notes:
_I usually spray my slow cooker lightly with pam.
_In my crock pot it is always ready at 4 hrs. If you go a lot longer than that, the bottom and sides can get over cooked. I'm sure different crock pots will vary.
_I like to add cottage cheese to my ricotta. Just because it is my favorite and I love the texture in it
_I've had trouble finding italian style tomato sauce sometimes, so I just add Italian seasoning to regular tomato sauce. Prob at least 1-2 tsp or so.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...